I’ve been working as a sleep trainer/ night nanny for babies and children for 11 years and have learned a lot during that time.
Each family and child is different and has different needs and issues when it comes to sleep and routines.
Regardless there are a few tips I would recommend to all of my clients.
1. Probably the most important one. Always put your baby/ child to bed awake.
2. Don’t change the environment once they’re asleep. Leave the room before your baby/child falls asleep.
3. Keep to a good day routine.
4. Limit exposure to electronic devices in the evening for older children. Night lights should be red or yellow, no blue or white light as this mimics daylight.
5. Exercise, outdoor play time or mat time for babies.